No longer a rumor, the Argentine superstar is acting very drastically to leave the Camp Nou in the summer of 2020.
Lionel Messi has probably been thinking about his future this past season. There are many reasons, both sports and legal, that influenced the 33-year-old superstar’s decision to leave. Synthesized from sources, Barcelona’s No. 10 coincidence also has 10 reasons to leave.
1. Barcelona’s plan is not ambitious enough to keep Messi in. In the past many matches, the hope of the whole team has been placed on El Pulga’s shoulders. This is the reason why he does not feel his future at Camp Nou.
2. The timing and way Barca leaders fired Ernesto Valverde did not win Messi, despite the relationship between him and his old teacher was not too good.
3. Messi and the Barca board have appeared incurable cracks. The Argentine striker has been dissatisfied with the Blaugrana’s way of dealing with problems over the past few months, typically social media scandals or ERTE policy issues.
4. The breakdown in the relationship with Barca’s ruthless figures, especially former Technical Director Eric Abidal, who blamed some players for Valverde’s departure.
5. Messi feels he is not being heard. The Argentine star is not often commented on various matters at Barca such as how the youth academy operates, transferring,…
6. The South American superstar said that this was the time to end his era at Barca. Messi agrees with Gerard Pique’s view when he thinks that senior players should go to help the team change blood.
7. Messi feels he and his family have become victims of a media scandal caused by Barca. So he doesn’t want to do it again in the future.
8. Messi said that the June 10 period to be allowed to unilaterally terminate the contract should be extended, because the season must be suspended due to the epidemic.
9. Some sources believe that the clause to break the 700 million euro contract between Messi and Barca is no longer in effect.
10. In many media appearances, President Josep Bartomeu has said that Messi can leave if he wants.